We recommend your first Pilates session be a private one. This will introduce you to the Pilates apparatus, give you an idea of where your body is in terms of strengths and weaknesses and allow you to formulate personal goals. Once you have done a few private sessions you will be more comfortable with the language and philosophy of Pilates.
How many private Pilates sessions do I need to take before I can participate in a class or semi-private session?
After your first three private sessions, it will be up to you and your instructor to decide if you are ready to move into group sessions. Every person comes to the studio with a different background; therefore, there is not one formula for everyone.
What should I wear?
You should wear whatever is comfortable for you to workout in. Please keep in mind it is important for the instructor to be able to see your body position so oversized and baggy attire is not recommended. We do not wear shoes in the studio. However, you may find it more comfortable to wear socks with grips on the bottom or special studio shoes that allow for full foot mobility.
How many times a week should I do Pilates?
Two to three times a week is a good balance. This can be a combination of private and group sessions on various types of apparatus (i.e. reformer or tower). You will be pleasantly surprised by how well you feel and look after only a few weeks. Remember- CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY TO CHANGE.
What is GYROTONIC®?
In a nutshell-
GYROTONIC® is an exercise system that uses the body to go beyond its limitations. Gyrotonic exercises increase the functional capacity of the entire organism in a harmonious way.
- Increases the circulation thru aerobic and cardiovascular stimulation, circulation of blood, the lymphatic liquids and circulation of energy.
- Increases the mobility of the joints and their use to their fullest capacity in all directions.
- Stimulates and strengthens the nervous system to increase muscular contraction and extension.
- Mobilizes the spine and releases the rigidity of the spine and its function.
- Creates more harmony and balance in the flow of energy through the body.
- Creates better coordination thru neuromuscular regeneration; signals flow more freely.